These healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies ditch the butter, sugar, and oil and are made with simple whole plant foods. So, you don’t have to feel guilty about eating these cookies. Instead, you can take comfort in eating healthy ingredients.
Spiced with warm cinnamon, these cookies are crisp outside. The almond butter gives this little cookie a nice chew on the inside. Sweetened with date syrup and raisins, these cookies make a great dessert on their own or with banana nice cream. They are so legit; you can even enjoy them with a golden milk latte for breakfast.
These 8 ingredient Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are a winner and kid-approved!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (VEGAN) has 8 key ingredients
- Rolled oats (use gluten-free, if gluten sensitive)
- Almond butter
- Simple Homemade Date Syrup
- Unsweetened apple sauce
- Ground flaxseed (or flax meal)
How to prepare these little nuggets of goodness
After preheating the oven, this one bowl cookie batter starts by preparing the oats.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Take half (one cup) of the rolled oats, put them into a small blender, and grind them into a flour consistency.
- Put the ground rolled oats and all other ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir well. The batter will be stiff and sticky.
- Prepare a parchment-lined or silicone mat baking sheet pan.
- Scoop up a small spoonful of cookie batter, roll into a ball (a little smaller than a golf ball, about 1-½ inches or 4 cm in diameter), and arrange them on the baking sheet pan. You should get approximately 24 cookies from this recipe.*
- Take a spoon and carefully press on each ball to flatten them out slightly.
- Bake them in the oven for 15 minutes or until slightly browned on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes and enjoy!
*A yield of 24 cookies gives you eight servings (3 cookies per serving).
When forming the small round balls, your hands will get sticky after making about 3 or 4 balls. Give your fingertips a quick rinse with warm water when they get too sticky, and carry on. The process goes much smoother when you do this.
Who doesn't love a bowl of cookies and cream? Pair these healthy oatmeal raisin cookies with a scoop of banana nice cream for the perfect ending to any meal. These cookies also go well with a hot mug of Luxurious Golden Milk Latte.
Frequently Asked Questions
In most cases, oatmeal raisin cookies are not healthy because they're often made with a lot of butter, sugar, and oil. However, these oatmeal raisin cookies flip the script by using nutritionally sound ingredients without compromising taste.
They're made with ingredients that count! Oatmeal is a great source of fiber and protein which can help you manage your weight, improve cholesterol levels, and help to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes. Ground flaxseed is great source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, and antioxidants. Unsweetened applesauce is a healthier alternative to oil in baking. Dates are a good source of fiber, potassium and antioxidants. Finally, almond butter is a healthy plant fat providing fiber, protein, magnesium, and Vitamin E.
This recipe is very versatile. If you are not a fan of raisins, you can replace with cacao nibs, add walnuts or eat them plain. Either way, they are tasty. These oatmeal raisin cookies go well with a glass of plant-based milk, golden milk latte and will be a crowd-pleaser at your next event.
Reset, Reconnect, and Realign
Packed with daily devotionals, nutritional tips, journal prompts, and inspirational quotes, A Prayer for Your Health Journal will help you create a God-centered vision for your health. This journal provides practical tools and spiritual guidance to bring physical, mental, and spiritual health back into your life. It will inspire you to reset your body and energize your walk with God.
FREE #PFYH 4-Day Challenge
A Prayer for Your Health 4-Day Daniel Fast challenge will nudge you in the direction of taking those first steps from the rut of an unhealthy lifestyle to taking control of your health.
What you’ll get:
- Access to a private FB community
- Know-how & info with an instructional guide
- Inspiration through daily scripture
- Motivation with journal prompts
- Actionable steps with sample meal plan & recipes
- Encouraging daily emails to help strengthen you along the way
- Success strategy from additional resources and information
You’ll also be invited to LIVE short sermons during the 4 days, in which we’ll be praying for:
A God-centered self-image (Day 1)
Breaking our addiction to food (Day 2)
Breaking generational cycles of poor health (Day 3)
The courage to take action (Day 4)
As an Amazon Associate, we receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.