This Spicy Orange Creamsicle Smoothie checks all the boxes. It tastes amazing! The texture is creamy like any good smoothie would be—even though it has a blended root veggie. It's easy to prepare with only six key ingredients. Best of all (in our opinion), is it's rich in fiber, antioxidants, and phytochemicals—these are beneficial compounds found in whole plant foods ("Phyto" refers to plants).
This smoothie is reminiscent of that creamy popsicle made with orange-flavored sherbet and vanilla ice cream—but without the high fructose corn syrup, other additives, and the crash and burn afterward. High in beta carotene, Vitamins C and E, this smoothie is arguably a "superfood." The ginger, which is good for digestion, also gives it a spicy kick! Since this smoothie uses the orange, carrot, and ginger root (not their extracted juices), as well as a date, it's also high in fiber, which supports a healthy gut.
Spicy Orange Creamsicle Smoothie has 6 key ingredients:
- Orange (navel)
- Ginger root
- Sunflower Seeds
- Date or Simple Homemade Date Syrup
- Plain, unsweetened almond milk (okay to substitute with plain, unsweetened soy, hemp or coconut milk)
How to Prepare
- Soak a pitted date in hot water for 5 minutes to soften.
- Peel the orange and ginger root. If your carrot has rough spots, go ahead and peel that, too.
- Rough chop carrot and ginger to help it break down more quickly in the blender.
- Put all ingredients, plus ice, into a blender and blend at high speed for about 30 seconds.
We hope you love this Spicy Orange Creamsicle Smoothie, and that it becomes a favorite for you too. Please rate and leave a comment below. Be sure to share a picture on Instagram and tag us @danielfastrecipes so we can see your creation!Print
FREE #PFYH 4-Day Challenge
A Prayer for Your Health 4-Day Daniel Fast challenge will nudge you in the direction of taking those first steps from the rut of an unhealthy lifestyle to taking control of your health.
What you’ll get:
- Access to a private FB community
- Know-how & info with an instructional guide
- Inspiration through daily scripture
- Motivation with journal prompts
- Actionable steps with sample meal plan & recipes
- Encouraging daily emails to help strengthen you along the way
- Success strategy from additional resources and information
Reset, Reconnect, and Realign
Packed with daily devotionals, nutritional tips, journal prompts, and inspirational quotes, A Prayer for Your Health Journal will help you create a God-centered vision for your health. This journal provides practical tools and spiritual guidance to bring physical, mental, and spiritual health back into your life. It will inspire you to reset your body and energize your walk with God.
As an Amazon Associate, we receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.