This Simple 5 Ingredient Green Smoothie could be "Day 1" of your new healthy lifestyle, as well as your go-to when you want something fast and delicious. This weight loss smoothie is both hydrating and energizing. The avocado gives this smoothie a creamy, luxurious texture. The natural sweetness from the coconut water, apple, and mango offset the bitterness from the kale.
While this makes a great breakfast smoothie, it's never a bad idea to have something energizing, nutrient-dense, and tasty, no matter what time of day.
This Simple 5 Ingredient Green Smoothie has:
- Coconut water (plain, unsweetened)
- Mango (fresh or frozen)
Feel free to make substitutions with this green smoothie. For example, use spinach instead of kale, pineapple instead of mango, or pear instead of apple. You can't go wrong with adding more whole plant foods to your routine.
Consider having these 3 components when making any green smoothie:
- Dark leafy green vegetables increase nitric oxide production, which improves heart and brain health.
- Vitamin C-rich foods like mango, pineapple, and citrus fruits work synergistically with dark leafy greens to boost nitric oxide levels.
- Healthy plant fats like avocado aid the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins like vitamin K in dark leafy greens.
Yes, but that shouldn't be the only thing you eat (or drink). A green smoothie can be a healthy part of an overall whole food plant-based diet with various other foods like beans, lentils, whole grains, seeds, and nuts. It's also good practice to eat a rainbow of different vegetables and fruits. The bottom line is, variety is key!
Any dark leafy cruciferous greens are good, and it's good practice to mix things up. In addition to kale, Swiss chard, baby bok choy, spinach, arugula, and salad greens are excellent options. They'll change the taste of the smoothie, especially arugula. However, that keeps things interesting.
This green smoothie is best when you drink it right away. If you're not going to consume it immediately, be sure to store it in an airtight container, such as a mason jar, and finish it within 24 hours.
Check out these other weight loss smoothies
For more smoothie inspiration, check out our top weight-loss smoothies.
- Superfood Smoothie
- Pineapple Weight Loss Smoothie
- Spicy Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- Honeydew Blackberry Mango Smoothie
- Kale Pineapple Smoothie
We hope you love this Simple 5-Ingredient Green weight loss smoothie, and that it becomes a favorite for you too. Please rate and leave a comment below. Be sure to share a picture on Instagram and tag us @danielsplaterecipes so we can see your creation!Print
Reset, Reconnect, and Realign
Packed with daily devotionals, nutritional tips, journal prompts, and inspirational quotes, A Prayer for Your Health Journal will help you create a God-centered vision for your health. This journal provides practical tools and spiritual guidance to bring physical, mental, and spiritual health back into your life. It will inspire you to reset your body and energize your walk with God.
FREE #PFYH 4-Day Challenge
A Prayer for Your Health FREE 4-Day Daniel Fast challenge will nudge you in the direction of taking those first steps from the rut of an unhealthy lifestyle to taking control of your health.
What you’ll get:
- Access to a private FB community
- Know-how & info with an instructional guide
- Inspiration through daily scripture
- Motivation with journal prompts
- Actionable steps with sample meal plan & recipes
- Encouraging daily emails to help strengthen you along the way
- Success strategy from additional resources and information
As an Amazon Associate, we receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.