This tasty, vegan one-pot Mexican rice casserole is made in the Instant Pot. It's gluten-free, soy-free, oil-free, and takes only 30 minutes to make.
This recipe makes four generous entree-size servings. Alternatively, this makes 6 to 8 side dish servings to pair with mushroom fajitas or rainbow salad. This family-friendly meal is so tasty that even the kids will enjoy it.
What you need to make this Mexican Rice Casserole
- Brown Rice (long grain)
- Black beans
- Diced tomatoes (I used fire roasted)
- Bell pepper
- Chili powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Fresh cilantro
- Cayenne (optional, for heat)
- Oven-baked tortilla chips (optional but highly recommended)
How to prepare this one pot meal
Add rice, black beans, diced tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, garlic, spices, corn, and water to the Instant Pot. Seal the vent and set it at LOW pressure for 14 minutes. Allow for natural release, about 10 minutes. Salt to taste.
While the rice and beans are in the Instant Pot, make the oven-baked tortilla chips, if using.
Dish up and top with fresh chopped cilantro, diced or sliced avocado, and fresh lime. Serve with oven-baked tortilla chips and a green salad for a complete meal.
This recipe is great for meal prep. Store leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to four days. This dish is also freezer-friendly. Portion out and store in a freezer-safe container for up to four months.
Other Fast, Healthy Recipes to Check Out
- Split Mung Beans
- Vegan Mushroom Pasta
- Vegan Chickpea Salad
- Veggie Chili
- Veggie Pizza for One
- Curry Quinoa Chickpea Salad
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do. Please rate and leave a comment below. Be sure to share a picture on Instagram and tag us @danielsplaterecipes so we can see your creation!Print
#PFYH FREE 4-Day Challenge
A Prayer for Your Health 4-Day challenge will nudge you in the direction of taking those first steps from the rut of an unhealthy lifestyle to taking control of your health.
What You'll Get
- Access to a private FB community
- Know-how & info with an instructional guide
- Inspiration through daily scripture
- Motivation with journal prompts
- Actionable steps with sample meal plan & recipes
- Encouraging daily emails to help strengthen you along the way
- Success strategy from additional resources and information
As an Amazon Associate, we receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.