This Vegan Mediterranean Pizza has a thin crispy crust and is loaded with flavor from falafel, olives, and fresh herbs. Made with whole plant foods, this pizza is super healthy and oil-free.
The base of this yummy vegan pizza uses the subtly sweet and savory simple homemade pizza sauce. We use Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Tortilla as the crust for this recipe. It has no yeast and is found in the freezer section of most grocery stores. If you can't find this brand of tortilla, look for a similar whole grain tortilla without added oil or sugar.
Vegan Mediterranean Pizza is made up of 9 key ingredients:
- Sprouted grain tortilla (recommend Ezekiel Food for Life brand)
- Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Baby spinach
- Red onion
- Sweet bell pepper (orange, red or yellow)
- Pitted olives in brine (not oil)
- Fresh parsley
- Epic Tahini Lemon Garlic Sauce
Making this pizza involves having the baked falafel, pizza sauce, and tahini lemon garlic sauce prepared before assembly. I usually have baked (or air fryer) falafel in my freezer because it's such a great meal prep item. The two sauces typically take between 10 to 15 minutes to prepare. If you're making the falafel just for this recipe, trying using the rest as a salad topping, in a wrap with hummus and other veggies, or freeze for later.
In addition, if you're using the Ezekiel sprouted grain tortilla, you'll want to thaw it in the refrigerator the day before. You can do a quick thaw on the counter or microwave, but it might get crumbly.
How to prepare this pizza
- Prepare the Falafel. Set aside.
- Prepare the Simple Homemade Pizza Sauce. Set aside.
- Prepare the Epic Tahini Lemon Garlic Sauce. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 450° F (230° C).
- Place a thawed sprouted grain tortilla onto a pizza pan or stone.
- Evenly spread the Simple Homemade Pizza sauce over the base.
- Add baby spinach, chopped red onion, bell pepper, sliced olives, and crumbled cooked falafel.
- Drizzle the Epic Tahini Lemon Garlic Sauce over the top. This adds a little moisture to the falafel and more flavor to the pizza overall.
- Bake the pizza at 450° F (230° C) for 10 to 12 minutes or until the crust is crispy and golden.
- Remove from oven and top with fresh chopped parsley and optional crushed red pepper for heat. Enjoy!
Servings and leftovers
This recipe makes 1 full meal serving, or 2 snack size servings. This pizza goes fast in my house, but if you have leftovers, wrap them in foil or put them into a container with a lid and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat leftover pizza at 350° F (175° C) in the oven for 7 to 10 minutes. You'll lose the crispy crust if you microwave it.
If you like it extra saucy, try dipping the crust in a side of Tahini Pasta Sauce. Wow is that good!
We hope you love this vegan Mediterranean pizza recipe as much as we do. Please rate and leave a comment below. Be sure to share a picture on Instagram and tag us @danielfastrecipes so we can see your creation!Print
Join the Meal Prep Cooking Class Membership!
Let’s face it, staying consistent with your health goals starts in the kitchen. This meal prep cooking class will help you develop a routine of eating healthy foods so you can be successful long-term. You don’t have to be an expert chef or even love to cook; you just need the desire to eat healthy. It’s that simple!