Whether you're mixing things up for breakfast or that afternoon snack, these Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars hit the spot! Sweetened with dates, these tasty homemade oat bars are vegan, oil-free, soy-free, and can easily be made gluten-free.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars are made with these key ingredients
- Rolled oats (use gluten-free, if gluten sensitive)
- Unsweetened almond milk (okay to use other plant-based milks)
- Pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Simple Homemade Date Syrup
- Ground flaxseed
- Chopped pecans (or another nut of your choosing)
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Sweet Cashew Cream
How to make these one-bowl pumpkin oat bars
Preheat the oven to 350 F (or 175 C).
Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
Feel free to taste the mixture to ensure it's to your liking. This recipe makes a lightly sweetened oatmeal bar, so if you prefer something sweeter, add another 1 to 3 tablespoons of Simple Homemade Date Syrup.
Spread mixture evenly into a parchment-lined 8x8 or 9x9 square baking pan.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges.
While bars are baking, prepare the Sweet Cashew Cream sauce.
When bars are done, remove them from the oven and let cool to warm or room temperature. Cooling helps the bars to set and firm up.
These homemade oatmeal bars are a meal prep favorite and make a great grab-and-go breakfast option. Store leftover bars in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to four days. These bars are also freezer friendly. To freeze, place separated bars in a covered freezer-appropriate container and store them for up to four months. Please ensure the bars are separated before freezing because they're very difficult to separate once frozen. If you're going to stack them, be sure to use parchment paper in between each bar.
Instructions for thawing frozen oatmeal bars
- Countertop: Remove from freezer, loosen or remove the lid and allow frozen bars to thaw to room temperature over 3 to 5 hours, depending on ambient temperature.
- Microwave: Remove from freezer and loosen the lid. Microwave at a defrost setting for 3 to 4 minutes or until warmed to your liking.
- Oven: From frozen, you can also place them in the oven uncovered and set the temperature to 325 F (160 C). Bake for 20 minutes or until warmed through.
We hope you love this pumpkin oatmeal bar recipe as much as we do. Please rate and leave a comment below. Be sure to share a picture on Instagram and tag us @danielsplaterecipes so we can see your creation!Print
RESET, RECONNECT, AND REALIGN
Packed with daily devotionals, nutritional tips, journal prompts, and inspirational quotes, A Prayer for Your Health Journal will help you create a God-centered vision for your health. This journal provides practical tools and spiritual guidance to bring physical, mental, and spiritual health back into your life. It will inspire you to reset your body and energize your walk with God.
FREE #PFYH 4-DAY CHALLENGE
A Prayer for Your Health 4-Day challenge will nudge you in the direction of taking those first steps from the rut of an unhealthy lifestyle to taking control of your health.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Access to a private FB community
- Know-how & info with an instructional guide
- Inspiration through daily scripture
- Motivation with journal prompts
- Actionable steps with sample meal plan & recipes
- Encouraging daily emails to help strengthen you along the way
- Success strategy from additional resources and information
As an Amazon Associate, we receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.