This oil-free Vegan Creamy Italian Dressing is so dang yummy that you'll be convinced to ditch the store-bought stuff for good. This healthy, dairy-free Italian dressing goes beautifully on salads and bowls and is used as a dipping sauce for pizza.
What this creamy Italian dressing is made of
- Raw cashews, soaked
- Lemon juice
- Apple cider vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- Garlic powder
- Mustard powder
- Simple Homemade Date Syrup
- Coconut aminos
- Italian seasoning
- Black pepper
Our preferred equipment is a mini-blender because it's easier to make a smaller portion size than in a standard blender, and it's also easier to clean up afterward. Since most of our readers are trying to lose weight the calories in nut- and seed-based dressings are calorically dense, so portion-controlling these foods can help with weight loss goals.
If you're making a big batch for a large group, just double or triple the recipe and use a standard blender.
How to make this vegan Italian dressing
- Soak raw cashews in water overnight, or for 8 or more hours. (Note: If you don't have soaked raw cashews, follow the Pro Tip below.)
- Put soaked and softened cashews, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, water, coconut aminos, date syrup, garlic powder, paprika, and mustard powder (everything except for the Italian seasoning and black pepper) into a mini blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Finally, pour dressing into a mason jar or salad dressing jar. Add Italian seasoning and black pepper. Shake or stir well to combine.
- You can enjoy this dressing immediately, but it will thicken if you chill it in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
Pro Tip if you don't have soaked cashews and date syrup
If you don't have soaked cashews and Homemade Date Syrup on hand, simply combine both the raw cashews and ¼ to ½ of a pitted date into a small pot with 2 cups of water. Bring to a gentle boil for 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water.
We hope you love this oil-free vegan Italian dressing recipe. Please rate and leave a comment below. Be sure to share a picture on Instagram and tag us @danielfastrecipes so we can see your creation!Print
Join the Meal Prep Cooking Class Membership!
Let’s face it, staying consistent with your health goals starts in the kitchen. This meal prep cooking class will help you develop a routine of eating healthy foods so you can be successful long-term. You don’t have to be an expert chef or even love to cook; you just need the desire to eat healthy. It’s that simple!
Reset, Reconnect, and Realign
Packed with daily devotionals, nutritional tips, journal prompts, and inspirational quotes, A Prayer for Your Health Journal will help you create a God-centered vision for your health. This journal provides practical tools and spiritual guidance to bring physical, mental, and spiritual health back into your life. It will inspire you to reset your body and energize your walk with God.
As an Amazon Associate, we receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.