This Tahini Pasta recipe is simple, fast, comforting, loaded with flavor, and delish! It's also vegan, oil-free, and with a gluten-free option. While I made this with penne, tahini spaghetti is fantastic!
Tahini Pasta is made with 3 key ingredients:
- Tahini Pasta Sauce
- Whole grain pasta like penne or spaghetti (whole wheat or gluten-free)
- Fresh parsley or another fresh herb
Feel free to add optional crushed red pepper for heat. It gives this yummy pasta dish a nice kick.
How to make this Tahini Pasta
- Make the Tahini Pasta Sauce and set aside.
- Boil pasta according to package directions and drain.
- While pasta is still hot, immediately pour the Tahini Pasta Sauce on top and stir to coat. The pasta with sauce will stick to the pan if you try to heat it up. So, it's important to immediately combine sauce while the noodles are still hot.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley or another fresh herb, and (optional) crushed red pepper for heat. Salt and pepper to taste.
Store leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to four days. Reheat in a microwave safe dish for 1:30-2:00 minutes.
Pro Tip for Meal Prep
This also makes a nice meal prep options when you store the pasta, sauce and fresh herbs in separate containers.
For a fast mid week dinner, start by removing the sauce from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature.
Add a portion of the previously cooked pasta to a skillet with 3 to 4 tablespoons of water. Cover and heat the pasta over medium heat for 5 minutes or until hot. This allows you to quickly boil-steam to heat the pasta through.
Once the pasta is hot, turn off the heat and pour tahini pasta sauce over heated pasta and stir to coat. Enjoy with your favorite in-season veggies or a simple salad for a quick, weeknight dinner. Be sure to top it with fresh herbs like parsley.
The garlic, tangy lemon, nutty tahini and cheesiness from the nutritional yeast in the pasta sauce combined with the herbaceousness of the fresh parsley and heartiness of the penne will give you a new take on pasta night.
We hope you love this simple tahini pasta recipe. Please rate and leave a comment below. Be sure to share a picture on Instagram and tag us @danielfastrecipes so we can see your creation!Print
Join the Meal Prep Cooking Class Membership!
Let’s face it, staying consistent with your health goals starts in the kitchen.
This meal prep cooking class will help you develop a routine of eating healthy foods so you can be successful long-term.
You don’t have to be an expert chef or even love to cook; you just need the desire to eat healthy. It’s that simple!