If you've been in a rut with your morning oats, and want something different but not go too over the top and get off track with your groove of healthy eating, PB&C Steel Cut Oatmeal are a must try for breakfast! PB&C stands for peanut butter and carob (or cacao). The sweetness of the banana and dates balances the saltiness in the peanut butter and chocolate bitterness in carob (or cacao). The chia seeds adds some ALA omega 3 fatty acids—an essential fat we get must get from our diet.
PB&C Oatmeal has 7 key ingredients:
- Steel cut (or Irish) oats
- Carob or cacao powder
- Chia seeds
- Peanut butter (or almond butter)
- Almond milk, unsweetened
How to prepare
- Bring water and steel-cut oats to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20–30 minutes uncovered until oats are cooked. Stir in carob or cacao powder until well incorporated.
- Before serving, warm peanut butter in the microwave for 15–20 seconds to soften.
- Transfer oats to two individual bowls and top with dates, banana, chia seeds, and drizzle with peanut butter and unsweetened almond milk. Enjoy!
We hope you love this take on oatmeal. Please rate and leave a comment below. Be sure to share a picture on Instagram and tag us @danielfastrecipes so we can see your creation!Print
JOIN THE MEAL PREP COOKING CLASS MEMBERSHIP TODAY!
Let’s face it, staying consistent with your health goals starts in the kitchen.
This meal prep cooking class will help you develop a routine of eating healthy foods so you can be successful long-term.
You don’t have to be an expert chef or even love to cook; you just need the desire to eat healthy. It’s that simple!
Reset, Reconnect, and Realign
Packed with daily devotionals, nutritional tips, journal prompts, and inspirational quotes, A Prayer for Your Health Journal will help you create a God-centered vision for your health. This journal provides practical tools and spiritual guidance to bring physical, mental, and spiritual health back into your life. It will inspire you to reset your body and energize your walk with God.
As an Amazon Associate, we receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.