This healthy Lemon Blueberry Baked Oatmeal for one is a great way to break up the morning oats monotony. It's gluten-free, oil-free, vegan and delicious.
This vegan baked oatmeal is powered and packed with superfoods like flaxseeds and walnuts that will fuel your body throughout the day. Your taste buds will be dancing because of the chemistry between the blueberries and lemons. Unlike others, this vegan baked oatmeal is naturally sweetened with dates and applesauce, so you don’t get that midday sugar crash.
The key ingredients for this lemon blueberry baked oatmeal
- Rolled oats (use gluten-free if gluten-sensitive)
- Blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- Lemon (both zest and juice)
- Simple Homemade Date Syrup
- Unsweetened apple sauce
- Ground flaxseed
- Cinnamon, ground
- Cardamom, ground (optional, but recommended)
- Unsweetened, plain plant-based milk (I used soy milk, but almond milk works too!)
How to prepare baked oatmeal for one
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine all ingredients, except the chopped walnuts, into a mixing bowl. Stir well to incorporate. Feel free to taste the mixture and add more date syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest, and spices to taste.
- Pour the oatmeal batter into a small glass or individual ceramic container. I used a meal prep container (without the lid). The batter will look a little "soupy" at first, but as it bakes, the oats and ground flaxseeds will absorb the moisture from the plant-based milk, apple sauce, and date syrup.
- Add chopped walnuts to the top.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 30 minutes or until slightly browned on top. Enjoy!
If you do happen to have leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
This baked oatmeal freezes well in an airtight container for up to four months. Reheat frozen leftover baked oatmeal at reduced power in the microwave. Alternatively, thaw in the refrigerator, then warm up in the oven for 7 minutes at 350°F (180°C).
Frequently Asked Questions
Both are equally healthy, but it really all depends on what you add to your oatmeal. Using high-quality “super” oatmeal-like oat groats or steel-cut oats is one way to elevate your regular oatmeal. These types of “super” oats are not used in this baked oatmeal however the addition of walnuts and flaxseeds makes this baked oatmeal healthy. Flaxseeds and walnuts are high in omega-3 fatty acids and are also linked to cancer prevention. The blueberries in this baked oatmeal also boost the nutritional value, as blueberries are high in antioxidants which promote overall health. This vegan baked oatmeal uses applesauce and Simple Homemade Date Syrup instead of processed sugar which makes this dish so healthy. So yes, both are healthy if you use the right ingredients!
If you “bake” your oatmeal right, it can help you lose weight or maintain your healthy weight. This lemon blueberry baked oatmeal recipe does just that! This is because oatmeal has fiber that keeps you satiated throughout the day and promotes a healthy gut. Oatmeal also has other nutrients like magnesium, vitamin B1, and iron. Adding fresh fruits, dates, and applesauce instead of sugar is another way to avoid weight gain.
This easy-to-prepare dish is a nice switch up to your usual breakfast. After dinner, this can also be a healthy dessert topped with the Guilt free Banana Nice Cream. Whether you have this for breakfast or dessert, this single-serving lemon blueberry baked oatmeal is a winner!
We hope you love this single-serving Lemon Blueberry Baked Oatmeal recipe. Please rate and leave a comment below. Be sure to share a picture on Instagram and tag us @danielfastrecipes so we can see your creation!Print
Join the Meal Prep Cooking Class Membership
Let’s face it, staying consistent with your health goals starts in the kitchen. This meal prep cooking class will help you develop a routine of eating healthy foods so you can be successful long-term. You don’t have to be an expert chef or even love to cook; you just need the desire to eat healthy. It’s that simple!
Reset, Reconnect, and Realign
Packed with daily devotionals, nutritional tips, journal prompts, and inspirational quotes, A Prayer for Your Health Journal will help you create a God-centered vision for your health. This journal provides practical tools and spiritual guidance to bring physical, mental, and spiritual health back into your life. It will inspire you to reset your body and energize your walk with God.
As an Amazon Associate, we receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.