This Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice (OIL FREE) is light and low in calories. It works beautifully with Sofritas Bowl (an elevated copycat of the Chipotle Mexican Grill bowl), Black Bean Bowl, and Easy Vegan Chana Masala.
If you didn’t know, now you know. Cauliflower rice is a thing! If you ever wanted to ramp up your veggie intake, then subbing out whole grain or white rice for cauliflower rice is an easy way to do that. This Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice is fluffy, tasty, and flavorful.
If you appreciate the health benefits of cauliflower and enjoy the flavor, be sure to check out this Cauliflower Steak recipe.
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice (OIL FREE) has 3 key ingredients
- Fresh cilantro
How to Prepare
A food processor is golden!
- Start with a clean and dry small head of cauliflower (or half of a large head).
- Chop your cauliflower head into large chunks to fit into a food processor. Use the pulse feature to process keeping an eye on clumping and scraping down the sides as necessary. Be careful not to over-process as the rice will get too mushy. If you don't have a food processor, use a sharp knife to mince your cauliflower head.
- Preheat a large (preferably non-stick) skillet over medium heat. Add cauliflower rice to the hot skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often. Turn off heat. While the cauliflower rice is still warm, add fresh finely chopped cilantro and the juice from ½ a lime (or 1 Tbsp of freshly squeezed lime juice), and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have leftovers or are meal prepping, allow the rice to cool to room temperature uncovered. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Cauliflower is good for you, and it's delicious. Cauliflower may be considered a superfood because it is a cruciferous vegetable, making it a highly nutrient-dense food. It's high in fiber, potassium, Vitamins C and B6. As a cruciferous vegetable, it provides antioxidants and phytochemicals that can help protect our bodies against diseases like cancer. In addition, cauliflower is low in calories. The cauliflower nutrition facts for this recipe estimates that each serving is only 35 calories, which could help with weight loss.
Yes, we think so. If you're not careful, you may be fooled. Cauliflower rice mimics the texture, feel, and look of rice but has a unique taste of its own. However, you can barely taste the difference, so cauliflower rice is such a great alternative to rice. Cauliflower rice takes on the seasoning flavor, making it a very versatile dish.
You can honestly eat this dish all by itself or as a side dish to your favorite meal. We love it with the Sofritas Bowl, Best Blessed Black Bean Beauty Bowl, and Chana Masala. But you can add this cilantro lime cauliflower rice to Easy Cuban Black Beans and use it as a base for a burrito or taco. You can also use it as a base for a veggie stir fry or add it to your favorite soup. The options are endless. The key is to get creative.
Reset, Reconnect, and Realign
Packed with daily devotionals, nutritional tips, journal prompts, and inspirational quotes, A Prayer for Your Health Journal will help you create a God-centered vision for your health. This journal provides practical tools and spiritual guidance to bring physical, mental, and spiritual health back into your life. It will inspire you to reset your body and energize your walk with God.
FREE #PFYH 4-Day Challenge
A Prayer for Your Health 4-Day Daniel Fast challenge will nudge you in the direction of taking those first steps from the rut of an unhealthy lifestyle to taking control of your health.
What you’ll get:
- Access to a private FB community
- Know-how & info with an instructional guide
- Inspiration through daily scripture
- Motivation with journal prompts
- Actionable steps with sample meal plan & recipes
- Encouraging daily emails to help strengthen you along the way
- Success strategy from additional resources and information
You’ll also be invited to LIVE short sermons during the 4 days, in which we’ll be praying for:
A God-centered self-image (Day 1)
Breaking our addiction to food (Day 2)
Breaking generational cycles of poor health (Day 3)
The courage to take action (Day 4)
As an Amazon Associate, we receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.