These simple vegan nachos will make you feel like you're back in high school, but without the junky processed cheese and oily chips. These nachos use our popular Vegan Cheese Sauce with Oven Baked Tortilla Chips and pickled jalapenos. Not only are these vegan nachos scrummy and nostalgic, but they're oil-free, gluten-free, and soy-free.
These nachos make a wonderful snack for movie night, game day appetizer or a guilt-free guilty pleasure.
What are vegan nachos made of?
These nachos are made with whole plant food ingredients like potatoes, carrots, cashews, and corn tortillas. This recipe uses the following:
How to make these yummy nachos
Prepare the Oven Baked Tortilla Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (or 175°C).
- Stack and cut corn tortillas in half. Continue to cut into triangles so it yields either 4 or 6 chips per tortilla.
- Spread the tortillas onto a shallow baking sheet.
- Pop in the oven (or air fryer) at 350°F (or 175°C) and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crispy. Be sure to check on them about 7 minutes in to see if they need to come out sooner or stay in longer.
- When chips are done, remove from the oven and set aside.
Prepare the Vegan Cheese Sauce
- Boil peeled and chopped potatoes and carrots in a medium-large pot of water for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Add cashews to the pot and continue boiling for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Potatoes and carrots should be fork tender. Strain potatoes, carrots, and cashews and retain the cooking water (set aside).
- Add one cup of the potato-carrot-cashew cooking water you set aside, and all other vegan cheese sauce ingredients, to a high-speed blender. Blend and add more cooking water until you reach desired consistency. Salt to taste.
Assemble the nachos
- Spread corn tortillas over a plate or wide bowl.
- Pour hot vegan cheese sauce over oven baked tortilla chips.
- Top with pickled jalapenos.
We hope you love this vegan nachos recipe. Please rate and leave a comment below. Be sure to share a picture on Instagram and tag us @danielsplaterecipes so we can see your creation!Print
JOIN THE MEAL PREP COOKING CLASS
Let’s face it, staying consistent with your health goals starts in the kitchen. This meal prep cooking class will help you develop a routine of eating healthy foods so you can be successful long-term. You don’t have to be an expert chef or even love to cook; you just need the desire to eat healthy. It’s that simple!
As an Amazon Associate, we receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.