These simple vegan nachos will make you feel like you're back in high school, but without the junky processed cheese and oily chips. These nachos use our popular Vegan Cheese Sauce with Oven Baked Tortilla Chips and pickled jalapenos. Not only are these vegan nachos scrummy and nostalgic, but they're oil-free, gluten-free, and soy-free. #vegannachos #healthyveganrecipes #oilfree #nooil #wfpb #danielfastrecipes #glutenfree #soyfree
Prepare the Oven Baked Tortilla Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (or 175°C).
- Stack and cut corn tortillas in half. Continue to cut into triangles so it yields either 4 or 6 chips per tortilla.
- Spread the tortillas onto a shallow baking sheet.
- Pop in the oven (or air fryer) at 350°F (or 175°C) and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crispy. Be sure to check on them about 7 minutes in to see if they need to come out sooner or stay in longer.
- When chips are done, remove them from the oven and set aside.
Prepare the Vegan Cheese Sauce
- Boil peeled and chopped potatoes and carrots in a medium-large pot of water for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Add cashews to the pot and continue boiling for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Potatoes and carrots should be fork tender. Strain potatoes, carrots, and cashews and retain the cooking water (set aside).
- Add one cup of the potato-carrot-cashew cooking water you set aside, and all other ingredients, to a high-speed blender. Blend and add more cooking water until you reach desired consistency. Salt to taste.
Assemble the nachos
- Spread corn tortillas over a plate or wide bowl.
- Pour hot vegan cheese sauce over oven baked tortilla chips.
- Top with pickled jalapenos.
EQUIPMENT / SUPPLIES
- Cutting board
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Medium-large pot
- Oven with baking sheet or Air fryer
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Stovetop, Oven & Blender
- Cuisine: Southwestern
Keywords: vegan nachos, vegan cheese sauce, potatoes, cashews, carrot, nutritional yeast, oven baked tortilla chips, oil free, no oil, soy free, gluten free, healthy vegan recipes, daniel fast recipes, daniel fast compliant