You're gonna want to sop this balsamic vinaigrette up with the biggest lettuce, spinach, or kale leaf in your salad bowl. The secret ingredient to the best balsamic dressing you've ever had is the toasted pecans. This amazingly delicious dressing is vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, and soy-free.
- 1/2 cup pecans, raw and unsalted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Simple Homemade Date Syrup (or 2 pitted dates soaked in boiling hot water for 5 minutes)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Add raw unsalted pecans to the dry skillet and warm for 1 to 2 minutes, carefully shaking the nuts around a few times, so they don't burn. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients (water, balsamic vinegar, Simple Homemade Date Syrup, and Dijon mustard) to a mini blender.
- Carefully add warmed pecans to the mini blender with the other ingredients and let sit for 5 minutes. This allows the pecans to cool to room temperature and soften in the liquid.
- After sitting, blend until smooth and creamy. The dressing will be a little warm, adding to the yumminess. Enjoy!
This dressing will thicken as it sits. So if you want a thinner consistency, add a little water and mix well to combine. Store leftover sauce in an airtight container—such as an 8- or 12-ounce mason jar—for up to four days.
EQUIPMENT / SUPPLIES
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Mini blender
- Mason jar or container for storing
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Stovetop & Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: toasted pecans, balsamic vinegar, dressing, salad dressing, sauce, dates, toasted pecan, balsamic vinaigrette, dijon mustard, daniel fast compliant, vegan, vegan salad dressing, soy free, gluten free, oil free, no oil, daniel fast recipes