This Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal makes a beautiful breakfast to start the day. But, the fact is—I've also eaten it as an afternoon snack with herbal tea and dessert with banana nice cream. Yum! This baked oatmeal recipe is vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, and soy-free. #bakedoatmealrecipe #bakedoatmealvegan #healthyveganrecipes #danielfastrecipes #oilfree #glutenfree #carrotcake
- 2 cups rolled oats (use gluten-free, if gluten sensitive)
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrot (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed (or flax meal)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup Simple Homemade Date Syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened plain almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger root
- Preheat oven to 350° F (or 175° C).
- Grate 2 medium carrots using a box grater or the grater attachment on your food processor. You'll want about 1 1/2 cups of grated carrots.
- Put all ingredients into a large bowl and stir until well combined (see Pro Tip). No need to worry about overmixing. This isn't a cake recipe. 🙂
- Spread the mixture onto a parchment- or silicone mat-lined 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan. No worries if it's a little soupy, the ground flaxseeds and rolled oats will absorb the moisture while it's baking.
- Bake at 350° F (or 175° C) uncovered for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
After the mixture is well combined, taste it to ensure its flavor is to your liking. If you like yours sweeter (with raisins or date syrup), or you want more spices (cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice), go ahead and add some more.
Are you concerned about tasting the unbaked mixture?
Not to worry. Since this recipe is vegan and there are no raw eggs in the batter—it's all good!
EQUIPMENT / SUPPLIES
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Box grater
- Knife & cutting board (to chop walnuts, if needed)
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Parchment paper
- 8x8- or 9x9-inch cake pan
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked oatmeal, carrot cake, baked oatmeal healthy, baked oatmeal vegan, carrots, rolled oats, flaxseeds, walnuts, almond milk, raisins, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, apple sauce, simple homemade date syrup, healthy vegan recipes, healthy breakfast, snack, healthy dessert, daniel fast recipes, gluten free, oil free, soy free