This Sofritas Bowl is an elevated copycat of the bowl you'd get from Chipotle Mexican Grill. This bowl has five key components that work in harmony both nutritionally and with your taste buds: Sofritas, Perfect One-Ingredient Plantains, cilantro lime brown rice, steamed kale, and sliced avocado. #sofritasrecipe #plantainsrecipe #cilantrolimerice #kale #avocado #healthyveganrecipes #danielfastrecipes
- 1 batch of Sofritas (VEGAN, OIL-FREE)
- 1 batch of Perfect One-Ingredient Plantains
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups water, divided for cooking the rice and steaming the chopped kale
- 8 cups kale, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime, divided
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup Ultimate Cashew Cream Sauce
- Make the Sofritas (VEGAN, OIL FREE) according to recipe instructions.
- Prepare the Perfect One-Ingredient Plantains (OIL FREE) according to recipe instructions.
- To make the cilantro lime brown rice, start by rinsing the rice in a fine, mesh strainer. If cooking rice in a rice cooker, add 2 cups of water and 1 cup of (rinsed) rice to the pot and turn it on. If cooking stovetop, combine 1 cup of brown rice with 2 cups of water in a pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let it simmer covered for 35 to 40 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed (Note: since stovetops vary, it's a good idea to check it after 25 minutes). When rice is done cooking, uncover and fluff it with a fork. Stir in finely chopped cilantro and the juice from half a lime.
- To prepare the steamed kale, add 1/2 cup of water to a large sauté pan or pot and bring to a boil. Immediately add the chopped kale, cover, reduce heat to medium and let it cook for about 5 minutes. Kale should be bright green and slightly tender (not mushy). Uncover and remove it from heat so it doesn't keep cooking.
- Slice the avocado and shred purple cabbage (if using).
- Assemble bowl with all five components. Use the other half of the lime to squeeze fresh lime juice on all ingredients in the bowl. Drizzle with Ultimate Cashew Cream (if using), and enjoy!
This recipe makes four servings. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for up to four days. Just be sure to separate the avocado and store it in an airtight container since it turns brown within a few hours from oxidation.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Lunch/Dinner Entrée
- Method: Stove & Air Fryer (or Oven)
- Cuisine: Southwestern
Keywords: sofritas, sofritas recipe, copycat, buddha bowl, kale, green bell pepper, tofu, onion, garlic, coconut aminos, Chiptole Mexican Grill, date, chipotle powder, chili powder, coriander, oregano, tomato paste, coconut aminos, brown rice, cilantro, plantains, avocado, lime, healthy vegan recipes, nut free, oil free, no oil, gluten free, daniel fast recipes, daniel fast compliant