This homemade date syrup is a beautiful natural sweetener for desserts, smoothies, sauces, and dressings. It helps to use a small blender to make this simple pure date syrup. #datesyrup #naturalsweetener #puredatesyrup
- 1 cup pitted dates (about 10-12 dates)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Remove pits from dates.
- Place pitted dates into a small pot with water.
- Turn the stovetop on to medium-high and bring to a gentle boil.
- Put a lid on and turn off the heat.
- Let sit covered for 30 minutes while dates continue to soften and cool to room temperature or lukewarm. Make sure dates aren't hot, because it creates pressure in the mini blender.
- Carefully remove dates with tongs and put them into a mini blender.
- Pour water into the same blender and add fresh lemon juice.
- Blend until smooth, about 30 to 45 seconds. You may need to shake the contents and blend again if it gets stuck.
This date syrup stores well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
EQUIPMENT / SUPPLIES
- Measuring cup
- Small pot with lid
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: date syrup, dates, water, lemon, vegan, daniel fast recipes, daniel fast compliant, plant based, whole food, low fat, soy free, gluten free, nut free, natural sweetener