This Harissa Sauce is vegan and oil-free. This sauce is creamy and mildly spicy with a touch of sweetness. This dressing is excellent on a salad, bowl, aioli spread, or dipping sauce. #harissarecipe #healthyveganrecipes #oilfreesaladdressing #danielfastrecipes #northafricanspices
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water (add 2 Tbsp additional water for salad dressing)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1 Tbsp Simple Homemade Date Syrup
- 2 to 3 tsp harissa spice blend (for a milder sauce, use 2 teaspoons)
- Soak raw cashews in water overnight. For a faster method, put cashews into a small pot with hot water and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes to soften. Drain and rinse cashews.
- Add softened cashews and all remaining ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend smooth and creamy. For a thinner consistency, add 1-2 tablespoons more water.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: North African
Keywords: harissa sauce, harissa aioli, harissa recipes, healthy vegan recipes, harissa spice, cashews, lemon, date, apple cider vinegar, lemon, miso paste, gluten free, daniel fast recipes, daniel fast compliant, salad dressing, sauce for bowl, dipping sauce