This curry quinoa chickpea salad is easy and tasty. It will become your new go-to recipe for lunch or light dinner. You'll need quinoa, chickpeas, salad greens, bell pepper, garlic, onion, yellow curry powder, lemon (or lime), cilantro (or parsley), avocado, and pumpkin seeds. #chickpeasalad #quinoa #curry #healthyveganrecipes #danielfastrecipes
- 1/2 cup quinoa, dry
- 1 cup water
- 4 to 5 cups mixed baby greens, baby spinach, or chopped kale
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced (red, orange, yellow or green)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp (yellow) curry powder
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or 1 1/2 cups of cooked chickpeas)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon (or lime) juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro (or parsley), chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Place quinoa and water into a small pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until all the water is absorbed—about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, let sit and fluff with a fork.
- Dry sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic for 2–4 minutes, adding a dash of water if they stick to the pan.
- Stir in curry powder, then one cup of quinoa and chickpeas. Turn off heat and salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare a large bowl or plate of mixed baby greens, baby spinach, or chopped kale. Pile it high!
- Add the warmed (or chilled) chickpea and quinoa mixture to the salad greens, and dress with fresh lemon (or lime) juice. Top with fresh herbs, sliced avocado, and pumpkin seeds.
Optional: If you want it more "saucy," add Tahini Lemon Garlic Dressing.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Lunch/Dinner Entrée
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: salad, greens, quinoa, curry, chickpeas, garbanzo beans, daniel fast complaint, daniel fast recipes, healthy vegan recipes, lunch, dinner, entree, gluten free, nut free, soy free