The best vegan spaghetti sauce makes a beautifully simple bowl of pasta. This delicious one-pot, five-ingredient sauce is gluten-free, oil-free, soy-free, and nut-free. #spaghettisaucerecipe #healthyveganrecipes #nooil #oilfree #danielfastrecipes #onepot
- two 28-oz. weight cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Simple Homemade Date Syrup
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper, or to taste
- salt to taste
- Add crushed red tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper to a large pot. Stir well to combine.
- Turn on heat to medium-high and bring to a gentle boil.
- Partially cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 45 minutes for a typical spaghetti sauce consistency, or for 60 minutes if you want it thicker.
- Finally, stir in Simple Homemade Date Syrup and turn off the heat. Let it hang out uncovered for another 5 minutes before serving.
EQUIPMENT / SUPPLIES
- Can opener
- Measuring spoons
- Large pot with lid
- Cooking spoon
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: best vegan spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, oil free, no oil, vegan, healthy vegan recipes, soy free, nut free, low fat, gluten free, daniel fast recipes, daniel fast compliant, pasta sauce, tomato sauce, marinara sauce