This apple smoothie bowl takes less than 10 minutes to make and is loaded with fiber and omega-3 ALA, healthy plant fat. The addition of cinnamon, walnuts, and dates makes it taste like an apple pie smoothie. Yum! This smoothie bowl can be served chilled, warm, or room temperature. Plus, it's vegan, gluten-free, and soy-free. #applesmoothie #healthyveganrecipes #soyfree #glutenfree #danielfastrecipes #smoothiebowlrecipes
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (use gluten-free oats if gluten intolerant)
- 1 apple, cored (leave the skin on)
- 1 1/2 to 2 Tbsp Simple Homemade Date Syrup
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk (I used almond milk, but soymilk works well too)
- 1/2 cup ice for chilled bowl (omit if you want a warm bowl)
- 1 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- Thinly sliced or diced apples for texture
- 1 tsp rolled oats for texture (use gluten-free oats if gluten intolerant)
- 1 Tbsp raisins (optional)
- Place all ingredients except toppings into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If you prefer a warm bowl, omit the ice, pour the mixture into a saucepan, and gently warm over low heat.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl, add toppings of choice and enjoy!
Because it's tasty at any temperature, it's great to take on the go or as a simple breakfast to enjoy at home. If the consistency is too runny, add about one teaspoon of ground flaxseed (or more oats) to thicken. If it's too thick, add more unsweetened plant-based milk to thin it out.
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting board
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: smoothie bowl, breakfast, oats, apples, cinnamon, flaxseeds, walnuts, soy milk, gluten free, vegan, daniel fast compliant, daniel fast recipes