This Veggie Stir Fry recipe is made with brown rice noodles. Of course, rice would be fantastic with this; the noodles are just so much fun to eat. This stir fry recipe ticks the boxes for delicious, healthy, easy, soy-free, nut-free, gluten-free, and oil-free. #stirfryrecipe #healthyveganrecipes #glutenfree #nutfree #oilfree #soyfree #danielfastrecipes #veggiestirfry #noodles
- 4 oz. package of brown rice noodles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 cup purple (or green) cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups baby bok choy, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup frozen green peas (okay to substitute edamame if no soy allergy)
- 1 batch of Sweet and Tangy Sunflower Butter Sauce
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds for topping
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add rice noodles and cook according to package directions. Immediately remove from heat, drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking. This helps to avoid mushy noodles. If you're okay with your noodles being al dente (more chewy), I recommend cooking them for a little less than what the package recommends. For me, I used a Pad Thai brown rice noodle that's supposed to cook for 5 minutes. I took it off after 4 minutes, drained, and rinsed in cold water. It's a personal preference. *[Note: your noodles may feel a little stiff after rinsing. Not to worry, they'll loosen up nicely after you add the veggies and sauce.]
- Preheat either a large sauté pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and cook uncovered for 3 to 4 minutes or until it starts to brown. Add carrots, bell pepper, mushrooms, and cabbage. Combine and let it hang out and cook uncovered for 3 to 4 more minutes to caramelize. The veggies will stick, but that's okay.
- Take a stiff spatula to stir the veggies, scraping the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Then add the baby bok choy. Put a lid on the pan or over the wok and let the baby bok choy steam for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chopped broccoli, fresh or frozen green peas, and chopped green onion. Cover again and let cook-steam for 3 to 4 minutes. Give the veggies a good stir and remove from heat.
- Dish up by putting the noodles on the bottom of the bowl, then stir fry veggies and pour the stir fry sauce on top. Enjoy immediately!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
EQUIPMENT / SUPPLIES
- Cutting board
- Measuring cup
- Large pot (to cook noodles)
- Large sauté pan
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Lunch/Dinner Entrée
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: veggie stir fry recipe, vegetable stir fry noodles, veggie stir fry with noodles, healthy vegan recipes, rice noodles, baby bok choy, onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms, cabbage, carrot, broccoli, daniel fast recipes, low fat, no oil, soy free, gluten free, nut free, oil free