This peanut butter greens buddha bowl recipe is vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, and loaded with flavor. It's a meal prep favorite because it's freezer-friendly. It can easily be modified with your favorite hearty whole grain and starchy veggie, so long as it's paired with these amazingly delicious Muriwo Unedovie peanut butter greens. Yum! #peanutbuttergreens #buddhabowl #buddhabowlrecipes #healthyveganrecipes #danielfastrecipes #wfpb #nooil #oilfree #glutenfree #soyfree
- 1 cup sorghum, dry
- 3 cups water
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Muriwo Unedovi (Peanut Butter Greens)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (205 C) and bake sweet potatoes on a parchment-lined baking sheet for one hour.
- While the sweet potatoes are in the oven, cook the sorghum. Rinse the sorghum and add to a pot of water. Bring the pot to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer covered for 45 to 50 minutes.
- While sorghum and sweet potatoes are cooking, prepare Muriwo Unedovi (Peanut Butter Greens) according to the recipe instructions. The peanut butter greens take about 30 minutes to whip up, so everything should be done around the same time.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and carefully remove the skin (if desired). When safe to handle, cut into large chunks. Set aside.
- After the sorghum is done cooking, drain the sorghum and set it aside.
- Assemble the bowl with roughly equal parts: peanut butter greens, sweet potato, and sorghum. You can salt to taste, but I find the sauce from the peanut butter greens to provide plenty of flavor to the sorghum and sweet potato.
EQUIPMENT / SUPPLIES:
- Measuring cup
- Medium-large pot
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- See Muriwo Unedovi (Peanut Butter Greens) recipe for equipment/supplies needed
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Lunch/Dinner Entrée
- Method: Stovetop & Oven
- Cuisine: African
Keywords: muriwo unedovi, peanut butter greens, peanut butter spinach, african cuisine, kale, collard greens, peanut butter sauce, healthy vegan recipes, daniel fast recipes, daniel fast compliant, whole food plant based, no oil, oil free, gluten free, soy free, buddha bowl recipes, sorghum, sweet potato, yam