This Miso Soup with Mushrooms is divine because of its wonderful umami flavor. It has a deep savory taste, with sweet, nutty, salty and earthy notes. What makes this soup a champion in my book is its simplicity. #misosouprecipe #misosoupwithmushrooms #healthyveganrecipes #danielfastrecipes
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup diced silken tofu (okay to use regular firm tofu)
- 1 nori sheet, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup baby bok choy, thinly sliced (okay to use thinly sliced kale)
- 3 Tbsp white or yellow miso paste plus a tablespoon of water
- Preheat a pot over medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms to the hot pan. Let cook for about 4 to 5 minutes. Don't worry about the mushrooms sticking. The next step will resolve any sticking.
- Add low-sodium vegetable broth, diced tofu, chopped green onion, and sliced nori seaweed to the pot. Continue cooking uncovered over medium heat for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add chopped baby bok choy (or kale) to the pot. Add a lid and continue cooking for another 1 to 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and let sit.
- In a separate bowl, add miso paste and a tablespoon of water. Whisk until miso is smooth and thinned out so you don't get chunks of miso paste in the soup.
- Stir in the thinned-out miso paste until well incorporated into the soup. Enjoy immediately.
EQUIPMENT / SUPPLIES:
- Medium pot with lid
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting board
- Mixing bowl
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: miso soup recipe, miso soup with mushrooms, miso paste, green onion, tofu, silken tofu, nori seaweed, baby bok choy, mushrooms, healthy vegan recipes, daniel fast recipes, daniel fast compliant, low fat, no oil, oil free, nut free, gluten free