This healthy vegan taco salad is a great way to switch up your salad routine. Made with vegan walnut taco meat, this delicious and satisfying salad is soy-free, gluten-free, and oil-free.
- 2 corn tortillas, chopped into strips
- 1 batch Vegan Walnut Taco Meat
- 1 batch of Green Goddess Dressing (or Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing for a reduced-fat option)
- 8 cups of mixed baby salad greens, or chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 15-oz can pinto or black beans, drained and rinsed (or 1 1/2 cups, cooked)
- 1 sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen (I used frozen fire-roasted corn)
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro (or green onion)
Start by making the corn tortilla strips. Preheat your oven to 350 F (175 C). Slice the corn tortillas into thin strips. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. If using an air-fryer, cook at 350 F (175 C) for 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from the oven (or air fryer) and set aside to cool.
Make the Vegan Walnut Taco Meat. Set it aside.
Prepare the Green Goddess Salad Dressing or Cilantro Lime Dressing. Set aside.
If using frozen corn, use a fine mesh strainer to rinse under lukewarm water to thaw.
Assemble the salads. Start with adding mixed baby greens or chopped Romaine lettuce to individual bowls. Top with vegan walnut taco meat and veggies. Drizzle the dressing on top with fresh lime juice, corn tortilla strips, and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
Store leftover ingredients separately in air-tight containers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
EQUIPMENT / SUPPLIES
- Oven or air fryer
- Cutting board
- Can opener
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Mini blender (for dressing)
- Mini food processor (for vegan taco meat)
- Fine mesh strainer
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Lunch/Dinner Entrée
- Method: Oven & Blender
- Cuisine: Southwestern
Keywords: taco salad, no oil, oil free, walnut taco meat, sundried tomato, garlic, aminos, smoked paprika, ground cumin, chili powder, simple homemade date syrup, jalapeno, sprouted corn tortilla, silken tofu, apple cider vinegar, garlic, cilantro, lime, daniel fast compliant, daniel fast recipes, mixed baby salad greens, pinto beans, red bell pepper, salad, vegan, gluten free, vegan taco meat recipe, gluten free, soy free