This one-pot vegan mushroom pasta is delicious and elegant. Because it takes less than 30 minutes to whip up, this meal is perfect any night of the week. This meal is gluten-free, oil-free, soy-free, nut-free, and low-fat.
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms (shiitake and/or oyster mushrooms recommended)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-oz can cannellini or butter beans (low sodium or no salt added), drained and rinsed (or 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp capers
- 1 Tbsp miso paste
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 1/2 to 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups pasta (use gluten-free, if gluten-sensitive)
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 sheets nori seaweed
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper, for heat
- a splash of coconut aminos or salt to taste
Preheat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add sliced onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in the fresh sliced fennel, mushrooms, and garlic, and put the lid on to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Add in cooked cannellini or butter beans and use a potato masher to partially mash up the beans in the pan. This gives the sauce some creaminess without the cream.
Add the capers, miso paste, lemon zest, lemon juice, pasta, and veggie broth. Give it a good stir, and make sure the pasta is submerged in the broth. Put the lid on and cook for the time your pasta needs to cook to make it al dente. About 1 to 2 minutes before the time is up, add the torn nori sheets and crushed red pepper. Give it a stir, put the lid back on, and continue cooking for the remaining time.
When time is up, turn off the heat, stir in fresh chopped parsley, and enjoy. Add a splash of coconut aminos or salt to taste.
Leftovers keep well in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Alternatively, you can portion out into individual freezer-safe containers and freeze for up to 3 months.
EQUIPMENT / SUPPLIES
- Cutting board
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Potato masher
- Large saute pan with lid
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Lunch/Dinner Entrée
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan pasta, gluten free, low fat, no oil, oil free, soy free, nut free, mushrooms, shiitake, oyster, fancy dinner, healthy vegan recipes, vegan seafood pasta, daniel fast recipes, gaz oakley, avantgarde vegan, date night dinner, fast and easy meals, one pot meals