This healthy Lemon Blueberry Baked Oatmeal for One is a great way to break up the morning oats monotony. It's gluten-free, oil-free, vegan, and delicious. #bakedoatmeal #healthyveganrecipes #blueberrylemon #danielfastrecipes #glutenfree #oilfree #soyfreeoption
- 2/3 cup rolled oats (use gluten-free if gluten-sensitive)
- 2 tsp ground flaxseeds
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp lemon zest (packed), plus 1/2 tsp for garnish
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- small pinch of ground cardamom
- 3 Tbsp Simple Homemade Date Syrup
- 2/3 cup plain unsweetened plant-based milk (I used soymilk, but almond milk works well too)
- 1 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine all ingredients, except the chopped walnuts, into a mixing bowl. Stir well to incorporate. Feel free to taste the mixture and add more date syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest, and spices to taste.
- Pour the oatmeal batter into a small glass or individual ceramic container. I used a meal prep container (without the lid). The batter will look a little "soupy" at first, but as it bakes, the oats and ground flaxseeds will absorb the moisture from the plant-based milk, apple sauce, and date syrup.
- Add chopped walnuts to the top.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 30 minutes or until slightly browned on top. Enjoy!
If you happen to have any leftovers, store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
This baked oatmeal freezes well in an airtight container for up to four months. Reheat frozen leftover baked oatmeal at reduced power in the microwave. Alternatively, thaw in the refrigerator, then warm up in the oven for 7 minutes at 350°F (180°C).
EQUIPMENT / SUPPLIES
- Small glass or ceramic container
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Large spoon
- Cutting board
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon blueberry baked oatmeal, blueberry lemon baked oats, baked oatmeal for one, vegan baked oatmeal, gluten free, no oil, oil free, healthy vegan recipes, healthy baked oatmeal, daniel fast recipes, daniel fast compliant