The Best Vegan Mayo is made with cashews and is amazingly delicious! This oil-free vegan mayo is the perfect base for making salads, dressings, dips, sauces, and spreads. Plus, it's gluten-free and soy-free. #veganmayorecipe #danielfastrecipes #healthyveganrecipes #cashewmayo #glutenfree #soyfree #oilfree #nooil
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard (okay to use yellow mustard)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 to 3 Tbsp water
- pinch salt or to taste
- Soak cashews in water overnight to soften. For a fast method, add cashews to a small pot with water and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse cashews.
- Add all ingredients to a mini blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and add more lemon juice or apple cider vinegar for more twang. Salt to taste. For a thinner consistency, add more water.
This mayo keeps well in an airtight container (like a mason jar with a lid) for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Blender & Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: best vegan mayo, egg free mayo, homemade vegan mayo, cashew mayo, vegan mayo recipe no oil, oil free vegan mayo, plant based mayo, dairy free mayo, healthy vegan recipes, daniel fast recipes, soy free, gluten free