This Asian Salad in a Jar is the sister to the meal prep OG, Southwestern Salad in a Jar. Made with a flavor-packed peanut sauce, this salad in a jar recipe is delicious, filling, healthy, and gluten-free. #saladinajar #mealprepideas #mealpreprecipes #glutenfree #nutfree #healthyveganrecipes #danielfastrecipes
- 1 cup Peanut Sauce (Vegan) or Sweet and Tangy Sunflower Butter Sauce
- 3/4 cup red onion
- 1 cup shredded carrot (about 1 large carrot)
- 1 1/2 cups of thinly sliced cucumber (about 1 cucumber)
- 1 cup shredded or thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame
- 1 nori sheet, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown (or black) rice
- 1 1/2 cups kale (or collard greens), chopped
- 9 to 12 cups of mixed baby salad greens for serving (okay to sub chopped romaine or arugula)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Start by preparing the brown or black rice, and shelled edamame.
- Cook the brown (or black) rice and shelled edamame according to package instructions. To speed up the cooling process, spread cooked rice onto a shallow baking sheet or large plate and put it in the refrigerator while you prepare the remaining ingredients. To cool edamame, simply put it into a strainer and run under cold water for a few seconds.
- Prepare the Peanut Sauce and set it aside.
- Prepare other vegetables and nori. Use clean kitchen scissors to cut the nori sheet into small bite size pieces.
- Assemble the salad in a jar using three 32-ounce or quart-size (946 ml) mason jars. Line up the jars and start by pouring ⅓ cup of Peanut Sauce. Then layer the red onion, carrot, cucumber, purple cabbage, edamame, nori, brown rice, and kale. Adding the kale at the top keeps it from getting soggy. Sprinkle optional sesame seeds, if using.
- When ready to eat, shake the jar to combine the ingredients and add to a large bed (about 3 to 4 cups) of mixed salad greens, chopped romaine lettuce, or arugula. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Lunch/Dinner Entrée
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: asian salad in a jar, salad in a jar recipe, meal prep, meal prep ideas, healthy vegan recipes, gluten free, spicy peanut sauce, red onion, carrot, cucumber, edamame, nori, brown rice, black rice, kale, sesame seeds, salad in mason jar, daniel fast recipes, daniel fast compliant